About

Friday, January 12, 2007

People I Hate

Editor's Note: For my new readers, PIH is a weekly feature of SYLG intended to allow me to vent my frustrations without shooting my television set. I mean, have you checked the prices of HDTV's lately?

Maybe I should go with Deathlok's Battlestar Galactica suggestion, and change the title of this post to "People I Would Like To Shoot Out Of An Airlock." This week, we have a list of real winners. To wit:

Barry Bonds

Bonds is a PIH regular, but recently he has started to overtake Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell for the scumbag lead. Check out this little nugget, courtesy of Yahoo! Sports:

"SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds said he did not get amphetamines from teammate Mark Sweeney, but did not deny a report Thursday saying he tested positive for the drugs last season.

According to a story in the New York Daily News, the San Francisco slugger failed an amphetamines test in 2006. The newspaper reported that when first informed of the positive result, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from Sweeney's locker.

Thursday, Bonds did not deny that but did apologize to Sweeney."

Can you believe the wontons on this toad? First he "doesn't deny" a positive amphetamine test, then when he gets caught, he tries to throw a teammate under the bus. What a piece of crap. The truly sad part of this tale is that some idiot sportswriter will cast a Hall of Fame ballot for this a-hole.

Merrill Reese

I can hear all of the Eagles fans' sphincters pucker as they read this. Reese is the radio voice of the Eagles, and does a daily "Eagles Update" on many of the local stations. A Flaming Homer, Reese screams into the mic when Philly gets a frakkin' first down. Today's update had Reese blathering about how Brian Westbrook - who would barely be a starting running back on a high school team - is one of the greatest Eagles backs ever. He actually compared Westbrook to Philly greats Steve Van Buren and Wilbert Montgomery. Unreal. Hey, Merrill; if you're going to keep broadcasting, stay off the crack.

The Writers of those Idiotic "Stomping" Movies

Have you seen the previews for this "Stomp the Yard" garbage? I mean, really, who is paying money to see this nonsense? Good writers are busting their asses to get published, but some moron pukes in a fountain pen, and Hollywood rewards them with a script deal? What is wrong with people? Every time I see a commercial for this slop, I get dumber. And believe me, I don't have the intellect to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment