About

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Keystone Kops

Sometimes, I am not completely certain who has less common sense: the criminals or the police officers. Take this actual conversation I had to endure today:

Wyatt: "Detective division, may I help you?"

Officer: "Yes, this is Officer Smith. Do you mind if I run a job by you?"

Wyatt: (To myself) "Ugh, here we go." (To Officer) "Sure."

Officer: "Okay, this woman gets dragged out of her home by her ex-boyfriend. The ex-boyfriend, throws her in a car, drives her to a park, takes her out of the car, and throws her to the ground. Then, he pulls out a gun, points it at her, and threatens to blow her f**king head off. The ex-boyfriend then drives the girl home."

Here's the money quote. Are you ready? Wait for it . . .

Officer: "Yeah, so would you guys handle something like that?"

I swear to God, I don't get paid enough for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment