About

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Menage A Meme

It appears that two of my fellow bloggers, DragonLady and Remulak MoxArgon simultaneously tagged me with a meme. I've never had a menage a meme before, so this should be exciting!

The rules say:
1. Post the rules for the meme at the beginning of your post.
2. This meme consists of the blogger listing eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged in this post are to write their own post listing their own eight random items and list the rules.
4. At the end of the post/meme, list the folks you are tagging and leave them notice of such in their comments.

I'm fairly sure I have done this one before, so I'll try to stay (as the kids say) "fresh." Word.
  • I'm a motormouth. Ask Captain America, Rachel, or my friend Arizona Kevin; when I'm talking (especially on the phone), I go on, and on, and on, rarely taking a breath, rarely letting anyone else speak. It's a sickness.
  • When I get really stressed, I get physically sick. Yesterday, our air conditioning was kaput at work, and I had a fight with two idiot co-workers. On the way home, I was so stressed out that I had to stop along the side of the road to throw up. (True story.)
  • I'm superstitious when it comes to ice hockey. Before last night's game, I didn't stop (like I always do) at my local Sunoco Mini-Mart for a Red Bull. As a result, I played like crap. It had to be related!
  • My steady partners have always been better cops than me. My training officer Eddie is one of the best cops I have ever met. Gerry locks up more people in a week than a lot of cops do in a month. And Doris is a Terminator; she'll lock you up, throw you against the hood of the car, and kick your ass if you get out of line. Oh, and she's only about 5'6"!
  • The first time I was tested for cholesterol, my total cholesterol was 1,300! This is not an exaggeration, and I have the papers to prove it. The doctor said, "Jesus, you should be dead!" My high count is hereditary, since the doctor explained, "You could eat cheeseburgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 20 years and not have a count that high." As a result, I take thirteen - yes, thirteen - different medications before bed every night, and get my blood work done three times a year. Coincidentally, I had to get blood drawn this morning.
  • My greatest baseball memory was seeing Cal Ripken, Jr play in person. It was around the time he broke Gehrig's consecutive game record. The missus and my friend Bill drove to Camden yards to see him. As far as baseball goes, he's my idol.
  • I think women with Southern accents are really sexy. If a woman in a 7 or an 8, the accent immediately adds two points, no questions asked. British accent? Add 1 point.
  • Finally, I am restless with the blog. As you may have guessed, I like to switch banners after a while, because I get tired of seeing them. This one is from Escape from New York. I also like changing up the picture in the upper left corner. Sorry folks, but I don't like this place getting stagnant.
Well, there ya go, I have fulfilled the requirements for this blasted meme. Since this one has made the rounds through my blog friends, I won't tag anyone, but if you want to participate, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment