About

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Screw Christmas, it's lacrosse season!!!

Please forgive me late posting, but today was the start of lacrosse season in Philadelphia. The official first practice day is Monday, but my fellow coaches and I still had to be at school getting forms, gear, and other essentials together. This season will be my 10th at Northeast Catholic High School, and my 16th as a coach. Good grief, I am getting old.

Anyway, I wanted to let y'all know that my post is now up at Family Security Matters. Here's a preview:

Election season is in full swing, and as such, many intrepid reporters are pounding the pavement to gain an exclusive interview with the candidates. Of course, different media outlets ask different questions. Some are relevant, others, not so much. Speaking of the latter, Us Weekly published an interview with Barack Obama this week, and the questions were as thought provoking as an episode of Dharma and Greg.

Check out this snippet from the Us Weekly interview:

Q: “So, boxers or briefs? Bill Clinton said he wore boxers in a 1992 interview with MTV.”

A: “I don't answer those humiliating questions. But whichever one it is, I look good in 'em!”

Wow, even when Barack Obama is being interviewed for Us Weekly, he still doesn’t say anything substantive. At least the man is consistent. Believe it or not, the “Boxers of Briefs?” inquiry is not the first inappropriate question posed to a presidential candidate. The media have been asking ridiculous questions since the formation of our country. To wit:

How's that for a tease? You can read the rest HERE. Feel free to leave a comment here no matter if you liked it, hated it, or it gave you hives. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment