About

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

As If By Example . . .

Were there any Philadelphia judges reading my post this morning?

Almost immediately after I rip the Philadelphia court system (and deservedly so), I get kicked in the groin by them. I had a hearing in court this morning in reference to two pieces of detritus that assaulted me last April. The brother-sister tag team attacked me while I was trying to break up a bar fight. The sister (a real piece of, uh, work) punched me in the face and scratched my cheek - drawing blood - when I tried to separate her from the woman with whom she was battling.

As I was in the process of cuffing her, the brother tackled me from behind, knocking me to the ground, and began to punch me. As "Assist Officer" call was put out, and it took three officers to cuff each combatant - the sister was a "plus-size" woman. The siblings were arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, simple assault, resisting arrest, reckless endangerment, and conspiracy. Justice served, right?

Wrong.

During the preliminary hearing in April, the judge (Theresa Carr-Deni, who is rabidly anti-cop) threw out every charge except for the resisting arrest charge. Both defendants were held for trial, which occurred this morning in Center City - where I was (figuratively) assaulted again.

After wasting two hours of my day, the judge decided that he would give the defendants ARD, which is, in effect, a lame version of community service. No fine. No jail time. For assaulting a police officer. To add insult to my injury, the female defendant openly laughed as she exited the courtroom a free skank, er, woman.

Criminals of the world, take heed: you can assault a police officer in Philadelphia and get away with it. I think I'm going to be sick.

1 comment:

  1. When one speaks like you do "free skank, er, woman", I can't help but think you get what you deserve. You come off as one who thinks they are better than those they police, rather than a professional who was asaulted on the job. Maybe this isn't the career for you.

    ReplyDelete