About

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mmm . . . New Car Smell!

Well, in a matter of moments, the wife and I are going car shopping. (Hopefully, we will avoid someone resembling the man pictured.) Our 1999 Saturn SL2 sedan just isn't big enough for our two boys and their 58,000 toys, games, provisions, and every other damned thing we have to take with us on a road trip. The missus is interested in either an SUV (How Republican!) or a Mini-van (Leave your male genitalia at the door.) Of course, it's her choice, and (like the rest of married life) I am simply along for the ride . . . and some occasional heavy lifting.

Our first stops will be Nissan and Honda. Just kidding! I didn't want any ranting e-mails from the CUG. True to form, our first stop will be Saturn. (I am currently driving a 1999 Saturn SC1.) She likes the VUE, so we'll take a gander, and see what develops.

3 comments:

  1. I think the next car I'm going to buy for the wife will be a mazda 3 5 door. I'll buy me a new car as soon as they start mounting crew serve weapons on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the wife is going with the Saturn Relay - their new Mini-van. It actually wasn't all that bad to drive, and has mucho room for the kiddies. She'll make her final decision over the weekend.

    As for me, I'm holding out (like you) for the Hummer (with the standard fifty caliber machine gun on top).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Talking MK 19. When your going to fire an automatic weapon go with the largest caliber you can get like the 40mm

    ReplyDelete