About

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Vacation: Week One

Okay, so it seems that when you are the father of two boys (ages four and one, pictured here), "your" vacation suddenly becomes "their" vacation. In a span of seven days, I enjoyed leisurely (?) trips to the Camden Aquarium, The Franklin Institute, and my wife's friend's home in Fleetwood, PA (about a ninety minute ride - one way). The Philadelphia Zoo, and Storybook Land were also on the itinerary, but the oppressive heat, humidity, and thundershowers postponed them.

I know what you're thinking: those trips don't add up to a full week. Correct-amundo! Yesterday was Wifey Day - a day set aside for a romantic stroll to our local Saturn dealer! The missus purchased a 2005 Saturn Relay (read: minivan) for the low, low price of . . . alot.

Meanwhile, my master plan of sitting on by ass and alternately drinking Guinness Draught and Rogue Dead Guy Ale has been put on the back burner. Hell, the only real thing I wanted to do these two weeks was catch up on my DVD viewing. I still have more than a few in my collection I haven't seen. (I know that sounds asinine, but what can I tell you?) With the first week a distant memory, I have but seven days to watch the following flicks:

  • The Boondock Saints
  • Braveheart (never saw it all-the-way-through)
  • Hellboy
  • Kill Bill, Volume 2
  • King Arthur (Keira Knightley . . . Schwing!)
  • Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Underworld (Kate Beckinsale in a leather catsuit = Meow!)
Do the math kids, that's just over one-a-day. I have no shot. Oh well, at least I'm getting out to see Batman Begins tonight. It's a start.

6 comments:

  1. Boondock Saints is long and weird. It was sort of like an Irish Batman, with more homosexuals and less batmobiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the Butthead quote; that line got my sister into the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TM - That doesn't sound that good. I did see Batman Begins tonight, and loved it, though.

    Damian - Thanks! I wish I could have thought of it myself. Mike Judge, you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike Judge was into a lot of drugs. He was no genius; he was just a stoner with a penchant for recording his ramblings.
    Not that "Beavis and Butthead" is wrong or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nor is "Office Space."

    "I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music." - Michael Bolton, Office Space.

    ReplyDelete