About

Thursday, July 21, 2005

(Flip) Flop House

Ya know what really bothers me? It's when media jackass types try and make a news story out of jack squat. The latest non-story roaming the airwaves is the hubbub over the National Champion Northwestern Women's Lacrosse team, and their visit to the White House. Why all the hubbub, bub? Well, everyone is up in arms that a few of the gals wore flip-flops to the meet and greet with G.W.

Oh, the horror!

I had the distinct displeasure to hear radio right-winger Mike Gallagher (whom I usually like) go on (and on, and on) about this "controversy" for an hour yesterday. By the way he was blathering on, you would have thought that the team wore hemp skirts, dog collars, and "F**k Texas" t-shirts. Hey Mike, take a Valium, will ya? The ladies dressed appropriately, and the few who "dared" to wear the flip-flops are auctioning them off on eBay for charity! Get a grip, you dolt.

I have a vested interest in this flip-flop flap, since I am a high school lacrosse coach when I'm not fighting crime. Lacrosse players are a special breed, and are usually ones to buck fashion trends. The fact that a few of the ladies wore unconventional footwear doesn't surprise me in the least. Good for them.

By the way, I never met the man, but from what I hear, Bush is a pretty down-to-earth guy. I don't think he gave a rat's arse what the team had on their feet. Just my $0.02.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the horror. Naked toes all over the place. It was pure pandelerium, I tell you. Some one couldhave been killed or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to bet that some of those chicks were wearing thongs...

    Can you imagine the horror?!

    I think the Sexret errr Secret Service needs to check that out next time!

    You never know what can be hidden up there!

    WMDs anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might even be your 4.7 cents worth! :)

    ReplyDelete