About

Friday, July 22, 2005

Tour De Lance: Stage 19

LE PUY-EN-VELAY, France (AP) -- Italy's Giuseppe Guerini won Friday's 19th stage of the Tour de France, with overall leader Lance Armstrong riding safely behind in the main pack.
The six-time champion maintained his comfortable advantage of 2 minutes, 46 seconds over Italy's Ivan Basso, and 3:46 on Denmark's Mickael Rasmussen heading into Saturday's final time trial.

That race against the clock should determine the top riders' standings ahead of Sunday's final ride into Paris, where Armstrong is expected to collect his seventh straight Tour title before retiring.

``Big day,'' Armstrong said. ``I'll give it everything I have.''

I personally don't have a problem with Armstrong playing it safe throughout the tour. It may not be as exciting as I'd like, but he's got his eyes on the prize. Tomorrow, he'll probably dominate the final time trial, and then coast into gay Pa-ree sipping champagne and pissing off Frenchmen. Sweet.

4 comments:

  1. Memorandum to France:
    Our cancer survivor and beat your syphilis survivor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Lance Armstrong is a god!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Lance Armstrong is a god!"

    That sounded kind of queer.

    (No offence.)

    ReplyDelete