About

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Smartest Sports Blog . . . EVER!

My regular readers (all three of you) know that my favorite football team is the Denver Broncos. I consider myself as one of their biggest East Coast fans, so when I am ignorant of something Broncos-related it really bothers me. (Being ignorant about everything else on Earth isn't a problem.) And for years, I had a question about the Broncos fans.

After many a defensive play, the home crowd chants something that I can never make out. It sounded a little like "Hey . . . Are . . . You!," but that didn't make a whit of sense. Of course, the idiot national broadcast team never mentioned it, so I was poo outta luck.

Until yesterday.

Enter the Sports Junkies. I found them through a link at GOP and the City, and figured they may be able to help with the translation. Sure enough, Red e-mailed me with the answer:

"After every incompletion the crowd screams IN! COM! PLETE!"

Finally! The shackles of ignorance have been torn away!! Red (and his co-host Steve) are the greatest sports bloggers in the nation. I owe them a thousand shout-outs, but you folks only need one: Visit Sports Junkies today. Now! Drop what you're doing and visit! DO IT!!! I'd consider it a personal favor. Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. Us Jets fans like to keep it simple. J...E...T...S Jets Jets Jets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you Jets fans would keep it simpler:

    "I-R, I-R, Chad, Chad, Chad!!!"

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. V,V,Vinny and the Jets has a nice ring to it, if you are into Senior Citizens playing football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt about Vinny?

    I wonder what Montana is doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyatt,

    I tried to get to Dr Phat Tony just now and it is a blank page? Are you having this trouble too?

    let me know if you could sjelwell@itrheat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went over and left a comment. I like their site. I will be back to them. Of course that will mean less time at your site:{)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eagles fans keep it even simplier...

    Booooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve - Doc's back up. I just looked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing like chanting:

    "AAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLEEE"

    to the Dolphin fans as they slowly move down the only road leading to Orchard Park Stadium.

    Uhh, not that I was EVER one of those... uhh, fans... *belch*

    ReplyDelete