About

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Vick's Vap-O-Drub

I want to personally thank Donovan McNabb and David Akers for costing me a win in my fantasy football league this week. There's nothing like being embarrassed on Monday Night Football, eh guys?

What really burns me is that the Flamin' Homers at the Philadelphia Daily News all but guaranteed that the Eagles would finish no worse than 13-3. I mean, come on, it's the frakkin' NFL! All the moons have to be in alignment for a team to go 13-3, and as of last night, the home team looked lost in space. "Oh the pain. The pain of it all!"

McNabb (who I like, by the way) looked nothing like the former Syracuse scrambler who gave opposing defenses migraines. Last night, Donovan was doing his Dan "Feet of Stone" Marino impression . . . without the completions. And Akers obviously forgot that a place-kicker's job was to make field goals, not miss them wide right like Scott Norwood (sorry Peakah). It doesn't get any easier next week, when the San Francisco 49ers come to town.

6 comments:

  1. Some things are much better than watching the NFL...

    Like SLEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask who won, cause I fell asleep at 2230, but I think you answered the question. What was the score it was 14-7 in the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain!!!

    You'll get San Fran. They aren't that good. Atlanta was good!!!

    And sleep is not better than watching the NFL!

    Oh, I was gone for a couple of days and had to catch up today and I must say you need some sun on them legs of yours. I couldn't hardly see the rest of the family due to the glare!! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being an angry, bitter Redskins fan all I can say is nyah-nyah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nuttin like the scott norwide reminder to remind me of the glory days of my team the B_I_L_L_S

    (yes, Boy I Love Losing Superbowls)

    At least 'Cuse spanked the college football powerhouse of Buffalo U. this weekend... woo hoo *rolling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - Sleep? What's that? With court yesterday and a Riversharks game, I've had about ten hours sleep in the past three days. Which is why I posted so late today (Wed).

    Doc - 14-10, but it wasn't that close.

    Steve - OUCH!!! I'm Irish, so I don't tan . . . ever.

    Fmragtops - He may not play this week, either. Swell. And Akers kept missing 'cause I have him in my fantasy league.

    Gunnnutt - Thanks for that!

    Peak - I feel your pain. I am a Broncos fan :(

    ReplyDelete