About

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Duct Tape Alert!

Break it out, I need to wrap my head before it explodes!!!

I heard this appalling story on the Michael Smerconish radio program this morning. Long story short: Captain Adam Cubbage of the Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade - who has been awarded the combat parachute badge and a Bronze Star for his service in Iraq - goes to Philly International Airport enroute back to action in Afghanistan. The captain is dressed in BDU's, and is carrying his ID, tickets, and orders. The next thing he knows, a rocket scientist from the TSA chooses him for "secondary screening," which means he has to remove his combat boots and outer garments during a wand search.

Okay, deep breath.

The captain is dressed in BDU's, and is carrying his orders, ID, and plane tickets. Sounds like al Qaeda to me. The next thing you know, they'll be strip searching nuns.

Check out the full story here, and the accompanying letter for your congressman/senator.

12 comments:

  1. Holy. Effin'. Crap. That has got to be the most unbelieveably asinine thing I've heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 90 year old grandma got searched at the airport. She hates flying to begin with; after that ordeal she wanted to take a bus back to Missouri...from New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are we going to get our heads out of our rearends? I agree with fmragtops, that is excatly what that idiot was thinking! He ought to be back handed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend in special forces who had the same thing happen to him. Full uniform and ID. Silver star. The whole nine yards. It's BS. Just a power trip by a maggot who's trying to prove his d*ck size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens more than you know. My sister and I were going to a funeral and met up with my niece at a mutual airport so she could continue on with us. They pulled my ARMY niece, in uniform, with ID, aside and searched her and bags that are clearly embroidered U.S. ARMY. Took away her fingernail scissors and learned new swear words all in one swift action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tops - Agreed. I think it was an ego trip by some dope with a GED.

    Pandy - I know, I almost swerved the patrol car off the road when I heard it. My policy: unless they are unbelievably rude (or killed someone), NO member of the armed forces gets a ticket from me. Ever.

    TM - That's brutal!!! We're going to AZ next summer to visit friends, and if they search my 2 or 5 year old, it's on!!!

    Steve - Back handed and given a boot to the head!

    ll - How can that be justified??? Smerconish wrote a book entitled "Flying Blind" that's worth everyone's attention: exposes idiotic stories like this, and how being P.C. will eventually lead to another 9/11.

    SK - According to Smerconish's book, the TSA has been penalizing screeners if they "profile" Middle Eastern males!!! It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot damn, me and hubby are going joyridin' in Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just remember, this is what stands between us and the bad guys! I may never fly again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pandy - I didn't say I wouldn't stop and harass you guys, but you wouldn't get a ticket from me!

    Linda - It is so ridiculous, it is almost funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be a power trippin', anti-war, commie-pinko, hippy-'tard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know of a "public password" to view the article without registering? I get enough spam from CoolSavings as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon - sorry, I thought it would come through. I'll check on it.

    ReplyDelete