About

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Idiots Need Not Apply

Take a gander at an e-mail my partner sent me yesterday. I thought she was messing with my head. This story, though seemingly unbelievable, is absolutely true. Welcome to the Theater of the Stupid:

"A call came out for a theft in progress at the Dollar General. I went because the sector car (of course) was nowhere to be found (Maria B.). I walk in and the girl (employee) tells me how this guy asked for an employment application and starts to fill it out. He then says, "This is too long, I'll be back when I finish it."

The man comes back with the application and gives it to the girl at the register. Then he asks for the manager. The girl goes to look for him and in less than a minute comes back to the front counter. The guy then puts a pack of gum on the counter, gives the girl a dollar, and then (as the girl is giving him his change) he sticks his hand in the register and takes $60.00 USC.

The man runs out of the store and down the block. After the girl gets done telling me what happened, she gives me the guys half-finished employment application with his name and address on it! I give out the description and all pertinent info, but the tactical unit couldn't make an apprehension on this guy. How stupid can you be, though, to leave an employment application at the store from where you just took money? DUH!!!!!!!!"

Duh! indeed. The greatest job security a police officer receives is the utter stupidity of criminals.

4 comments:

  1. Slogan: Elect Fmragtops: A man who gets things done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt, the over the hill picture is really creeping me out. Like the Burger King guy. Please take it down. That is nasty. I thought the mental image of Kirsty was bad enough, you put that nasty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - As I said to CUG, relax, I'll make it up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something in the water there in Philly...

    I can't think of anything else - well wait - I do believe it's Bush's fault!

    ReplyDelete