About

Monday, October 17, 2005

Stinking On Ice

(The author, foreground, realizing a 6-0 deficit sucks)

Wow. That "winning streak" didn't last long. After starting the season with a thrilling 7-4 victory, our hockey team came out flatter than Kate Moss' chest. The Ice Bandits kicked our ice, and we lost the disgusting display, 6-0. On a brighter note, I got creamed twice; once by an opposing defenseman, and once by my linemate Chris (pictured above, far right, blue pants)! As I write this, my elbow is swelling and my, um, arse is so sore I can't even sit still.

The entire team lived up to our name. We played like "ex men"; namely, post-op transsexuals.

3 comments:

  1. Wyatt, you're mid-life is hockey, I just picked up basketball again. Played friday didn't move till Sunday afternoon:} So I feel ya dawg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUG - Don't. I stink.

    Steve - My knees feel like crap, and I think I need an elbow transplant: I hyper-extended it . . . again. When I went to work right after the game (bad idea), my lieutenant said that since I'm 36 and playing a game for 20-yuear olds, I am an "ass." He may be right, but I expect to play this game well into my 50's.

    ReplyDelete