About

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving You The Bird

It's Thanksgiving, and since my readers have lives, no one will be reading SYLG today. Thus, I am free to prattle on about anything I desire. So, the following people are gay . . .

What's that? Someone may actually be reading today? Oh. Scratch that whole gay thing. Instead, like every other blogger on Earth, I might as well list some of the things for which I am thankful. Fasten your seat belts.

Stanley Kubrick. Yeah, I know he passed on, but his films still entertain me for hours on end. The Shining is a modern day classic, but as everyone knows, it can't hold a candle to his masterpiece, Full Metal Jacket. Although most folks will tell you that the movie could have ended after the first half of the film (Parris Island), I am one of the silent minority that enjoys the second half (Vietnam) much better. Best movie . . . ever!

Sony. Whether it's my delightful 46" HDTV, or my PlayStation 2 (which I refer to as my "third son"), the good folks at Sony keep inventing more reasons for me to ignore my family. However, if those pillaging bastards try and market a $500 PS3, I am going postal!

Fox News. Forget their reporting or their conservative slant. Who the hell cares? I am thankful for Fox because they really know how to hire the fabulous babes! Mmm . . . Laurie Dhue! Bonus points for the across-the-board lip gloss. I don't know what they give their anchors, but it's working.

My readers. Let's face it, without you guys, I'm nothing. Despite my previous rants about my descending daily hit count, it is secondary to the pride I feel when I know someone is out there. Thank you all for your unending support, and I hope I can continue to live up to your expectations. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you Laurie . . . for just being you!

13 comments:

  1. Sorry, Wyatt. I'm a Shep and Greg Kelly gal myself. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt,
    On behalf of the readers out here, I would like to thank you for your daily rants. We truly enjoy all of them. The highs and the lows. Keep up the good work. I love you Man!!! Now that we have had our male bonding, let's go shoot some rounds. Yeah!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Wyatt... that includes the PS2 cuz I know it's going to get fired up at some point today!

    I'm thankful to have good bloggin buds such as yourself and all those that you have sent my way...

    Keep up the good work brah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this too quickly . . . I thought you said Stanley Kubrick was gay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What not thankful for the trashmen like your son is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving down there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUG - Agreed, and right back at ya!

    RT - Wait a minute . . . you're a chick? Cue sexy music . . .

    Joe - Thanks chief! I appreciate your support.

    Peak - It was never even touched. I slept until it was time to go to the in-laws for dinner, then took a nap before work when I got home.

    Anon - BLASPHEMY!!!

    L - He takes after your side of the family. Although trahsmen make more than cops in this town . . .

    Prof - You too, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have actually said aloud while watching Fox News..."Dude, now that's a lotta lip gloss!"

    Hope the Thanksgiving was terrific ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a sane rest of the weekend to you suh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, be happy, you've been blogging for only 5 months and have 3 times the visits that I've got...and I've been going at it for over a year!

    Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and live it up...I got my ass handed to me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GOP - The secret is to post pictures of fabulous babes!

    ReplyDelete