About

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Isn't It Ironic?

The harder I try to be a bum for Sergeant A-Hole, the easier activity comes my way. Last night, I parked at a gas station near the busiest intersection in my district, waiting for a motorist to do something stupid.

It didn't take long.

Two rice burners decided to drag race past my location, spinning wheels as they went. Naturally, I took off after them, soon realizing that my speedometer was approaching 80 mph before I could close the gap. The slower of the two vehicles pulled over, and I approached the car, deftly concealing my paralyzing rage.

The 17-year old kid behind the wheel - he may have been older, but driving that fast I think we went back in time - handed me his driver's license along with his "Civil Air Patrol" cadet ID; as if that was going to get him out of an enormous ticket.

Sidebar - Loyal readers of SYLG know how much I love and respect our military. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a seventeen-year old cadet qualifies here. If it does, I'll apologize.

Speed Racer said he and his racing partner (let's call him Racer X) were enroute to the airport for a "search and rescue mission." I told him that he was gonna be late, since writing tickets takes some time. Fortunately for him, my gullible jackass side took over, and I only wrote him a ticket for Careless Driving. By right, he could have received a citation for Reckless Driving, which means an automatic suspension of the Boy Wonder's license.

The Civil Air Patrol ID must have gotten to me. Either that or the fact that the kid's last name - and Wagonsux can corroborate this - was EARP!

18 comments:

  1. Will my Stop-and-Shop Valued Customer Card get me out of a ticket if you stop me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you give me "the phrase that pays."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not fair. My CAP id never got me out of anything. But, I've never been in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cadets don't count for anything, nope.

    But belligerent, tattooed ex-MPs with shaved heads and southern accents should never receive anything more than a verbal warning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww man you fell for the last name!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wyatt, I'd allow you to finish the beer I was chugging if you'd pull me over. I know how thirsty you'd be after the car chase...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doc - I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

    Ty - That's because you're not a toad.

    Yoshiko - Good, now I don't feel bad. And southern accents ALWAYS get a verbal warning!

    SK - I know. I'm a sucker. But what are the odds I'd pull over someone named "Earp?"

    Peak - It had better be a Guinness, though - not one of those lame domestics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about my Life NRA Member Card?
    I heart Guiness, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My God. I feel shame.

    My 13 year old is a CAP cadet (if you make a certain rank you get an E3 when you enlist, and she's enlisting when she graduates).

    If you ever catch her trying to do that, please use your baton on her. Pepper spray, too, if you think it'll get the message across. Consider this my contractually signed permission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and Wagonsux can corroborate this -
    I could, but I won't. This poor pre-pubescent teen was crying for his mother. All the while, Wyatt berated him for driving 41 in a 35mph zone. I was really feeling sorry for the Lad. I was going to offer him a tissue, but I didn't wan't to interfere with Wyatt's investigation.

    Just before this juvenile was about to plead for mercy, I was amazed with what I saw next. Instead of giving this scofflaw a summons for his "excessive" speed, Wyatt gave him a hug. For one young man, it will indeed be a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too was a CAP cadet, first female in my area at 14 too.

    Batting eyelashes is way more powerful than the CAP ID and the Earpy name put together!

    33 and never been given a ticket. mwhahaha Of course not driving stupid helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would not give you a ticket, Uber...
    (Notice I did not say "I would let you go.")

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh, oh. Wagonsux confirmed my suspicion: you're just a big softy!

    But in case you're not, how much slack will a life NRA card get us?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't he know he was suppose to wear leather pants, and a tank top?

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUG - Lifetime NRA member (heh, "member')? Yeah, that'll probably get you and Gunny out of a jam.

    Wagon - God damn, I hate you.

    AFW - Consider it done. And yes, by commenting you legally give me permission to beat your kid.

    Uber - Batting your eyelashes (along with the southern accent) will get you out of a ticket, but not a thorough search! Tee hee hee!

    CUG - Ditto!

    Peak - Just making sure.

    Gunny - Don't listen to a word Wagon says; he's a compulsive liar.

    Lin - Um, that would only work for you, darlin' :)

    ReplyDelete