About

Monday, December 26, 2005

An SYLG Christmas Retrospective

It was a terribly busy Christmas weekend here. So much so that I overslept for training this morning. Luckily for me, there was no rush hour on I-95, since all of you "normies" had the day off. Bastards.

For those of you who have not yet signed up for "Wyatt 24/7," here are some of the highlights of my holiday:
  • My 22-month old has a new stance for pooping; leaning against the wall with one hand - the classic men's urinal position - and smiling while filling up his diaper.
  • Amongst the cool gifts I received were a case of Czech beer from my brother-in-law, an autographed picture of Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, a wooden SJU clock from the in-laws, and Tony Hawk: American Wasteland for the PS2. Keen!
  • One of my brother-in-law's gifts (which I found on eBay) arrived on Christmas Eve (Cool!), but the seller shipped the wrong item (Not so cool). Dang.
  • My four-year old did get his Batmobile from Santa, and it hasn't left his sight since.
  • I spent much of my Christmas morning struggling to free my kids' gifts from their Kryptonite bonds. Why do they have to be more secure than the Hope Diamond?

Well, that's pretty much it. This would have been more interesting, but I am lamenting the serious dip in traffic here as of late. Come on, people! I need readers!!! Anyway, I will be posting on Blogs 4 Bauer tonight, and I hope everyone had a terrific Christmas.

12 comments:

  1. It looks like Christmas went well for you Wyatt. As the first of your readership to comment on this post, I hope the final days of this year go just as well. Thanks for the fine shootin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the things good memories are made of. Whenever you can be around family and smile is a good thing. Yep...I slept until 11:00 am. I have the whole week off. I think I'll get up at noon tomorrow. HA HA!!! Hope your new year as a new detective brings new and exciting opportunities for you (and stories for us). Enjoy the rest of your training (few more days?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insol - Yeah, it was cool. I've been uber-busy with training - we get our new assignments tomorrow, so I apologize that I haven't been commenting on everyone's blog as much.

    RT - The whole week off? YOU SUCK!

    Anti-Hippie - U2. Tony Hawk American Wasteland is great so far. My I also suggest Tony Hawk Underground 1 and/or 2. Both are solid titles, and should be inexpensive, since they've ben out for a while. BTW, you have been linked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your Christmas went well!
    Look forward to your B4B post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 56 here in Indiana -- a pleasant change from 18 in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wyatt, sounds like a great day was had!!! I did too! and I am with rt, I can't decide whether to wake up at 11 or 12 everyday for the next week or just stay on schedule? Ohh the thinking has made me tired, I think I will just go lay down! Bwaaaaaa!! Haaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe gifts are strapped in really well like that to give grown ups something to do besides reflect on how much money they spent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUG - I don't know how good it was, but it is posted.

    Prof - You suck!

    Ssssteve - See above comment for Prof.

    Uber - Yeah, I'll need a wagonload of overtime to pay off this bill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Say NO to Champ Bailey! The traitor!

    I'm glad you had such a terrific Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing comments where folks went to Indiana...did I miss a memo?

    Anyhoo, glad to see you had a good one....now to make it thru New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gunny - He's like the Scott Stevens. I hate him on the Devils, but would LOVE to have him on the Flyers.

    SK - I noticed that, too. Unless it's for the 500, I am going nowhere near Indy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like father, like son?

    Glad your family had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete