About

Monday, February 13, 2006

Aw, Shoot!

Vice-President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a friend while hunting quail. The friend had just bagged a bird – Heh, “bagged a bird” – and was returning to Cheney’s position, when he was hit by friendly fire.

John Kerry immediately insisted the friend by put in for a Purple Heart and The Congressional Medal of Honor.

In fairness to Cheney, the V.P. thought that his intended target was Dan Quayle, and he just wanted to even the score for that “potatoe” fiasco.

7 comments:

  1. Are you done shoveling snow?

    I'm glad the man is okay, but we knew it would be fodder for jokes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cheney's Pacemaker went off and his finger twitched! Oops! Sorry sport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin - Yeah. Finally. And the heater was broken at work the past two days. I think I have malaria!

    Ssssteve - Hey, he knew the risks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Cheney should invite some of our "favorite" democrats out for some hunting.

    Ok, so it is supposed to be in the 50' later in the week. That's my kind of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe what a huge deal the press made out of this today. Talk about much ado about nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry...purple heart.
    ROFL!

    I was in the mood for some classic SLYG humor.

    ReplyDelete