About

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Great American Race

Good news for my NASCAR pool: Jimmie Johnson won the 2006 Daytona 500 yesterday! The Great American Race was, as usual, highly entertaining, despite the cloudy, miserable weather. The expected "big one" never really materialized, but there were plenty of small accidents on the famed tri-oval.

Which brings me to a little rant.

Tony Stewart is a Grade A A-Hole.

I never liked this s.o.b. to begin with, but yesterday was a banner day for NASCAR's version of Simon Cowell. After whining all week about the dangers of "bump drafting," Stewart culminated his stupidity with an idiotic prediction: that if his counterparts keep driving aggressively, somebody is gonna get killed on the track.

Nice. Especially near the five-year anniversary of Dale Earnhardt's death at the very same track.

Of course, Stewart's hypocrisy knows no bounds. This jackass preached from his ivory tower about the dangers of aggressive driving, then went out and single-handedly caused two wrecks, and bumped more people out of the way than Rosie O'Donnell in line for free fudge. A-Hole. The only satisfaction I got all day was when Johnson took the checkered, leaving Stewart in the dust.

Oh, by the way, one of my other drivers is Dale Earnhardt, Jr, (pictured) who (I am told by the ladies) is hot. Hopefully, this picture will hold off Linda and Uber for a while.

13 comments:

  1. Sorry, cowboy, WRONG!

    There were all sorts of good-looking guys running across the TV and you ignored all of them! I just don't think your female readers matter--we're taken for granted, ignored even! Better pay attention! There's lots of blogs out there--hungry for readers......the way you used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could discuss the finer pts of maleness all day and maybe not agree. BUT when you think of what it takes to muscle that car around that track and carry those egos at the same time... sounds like a lot of man to me. I may not be into blue-eyed redheads, but Jr. is good! Thanks Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standard training wheel race, lots of left turns, lots of bumping. These guys should have to race open wheel for about 5 years before they go to NASCAR so they actually know how to drive, instead of pushing their way around the track.

    (just my humble opinion, open wheel racing rules)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great race!!

    Tony's a Wuss!! Big cry baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Wyatt, I'm with Linda (naturally). He's not hot. Haaaaawt would be pics I have of some of our mighty Marines and Soldiers!!!! Now those guys are MEN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that Earpy has babe after babe and throws us a red-headed step-child and wonders why we aren't thrilled! How can we possibly teach him all there is to know?! For punishment, I think we should email him pictures of Susan Sarandon! HA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, look what you did Wyatt. This is probably why there are only 4 women that signed my Frappr map.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Linda....I'm thinkin' pics of Jane Fonda....nekkid;) Don't mess with us wimmen Wyatt, we're eeeeevil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! Nekkid pictures of Hanoi Jane! That'll cause him pain! SK, you're good...I mean EVIL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lin - Actually, since I started doing this, my hits went up by an average of 10-20 a day.

    Mom - I'm a guy. How the hell would I know what kind of GUY is hot? I took a stab and it didn't please. Sue me.

    CP - I like ALL kinds of racing, but I have to agree - the insanity of bump-drafting around corners is idiotic.

    Sssteve - Agreed!

    SK - Ya know, starting your own MEN blog is really easy . . .

    Lin - Since my son has red hair and blue eyes, I'll ignore your last comment.

    Doc - I took a shot. They didn't like it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said nothing about blue eyes-I happen to like blue eyes and green, too. Does Jr have blue eyes? I've never looked that closely. Have nothing against red hair, either. Don't make it look like I was dissing your son, after I said he was cute on his birthday! The comment was for Jr, period. And here's one for you....WHATEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Whatever medication you're taking . . . cut the dose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute. Look who's talking!

    ReplyDelete