About

Thursday, February 23, 2006

In & Out

The X-Men stepped up to the "must win" plate last night . . . and hit the ball right out of the park. (Insert mixed metaphors here.) Who woulda thunk it? Our team hustled for every puck, got back for every offensive rush, and spanked Chilly McPhilly's by a score of 6-1; thus earning an automatic bid into the playoffs!

(Hold on, while I do the Cabbage Patch dance.)

Okay, I'm back. Before the giddiness takes over, I have to admit that while the team played very well, I was mediocre at best. Zero points, a few mistakes - including flubbing a pass that was intercepted by the other team for a breakaway - and sluggish skating made for a long night for this gunfighter. Oh well, the team comes first, so today, I'm celebrating.

Playoffs here we come!

Unfortunately, it wasn't all hits and giggles for Team Slovakia. After going undefeated in the preliminary rounds of Olympic hockey, the Slovaks were ousted in the first game of the medal round by the damned Czech Republic; losing by a score of 3-1. Crud.

If there is any consolation for me and my family, it's that the Slovaks played so well throughout the tournament. A medal would have been terrific, but I'm happy with their effort.

4 comments:

  1. AH - Thanks. My legs feel like concrete today, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the offending party allowed to play in the playoffs???

    Or does he have to settle for playing "Threaten the Ref" the home game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deathlok - He is. And we're wiring his mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wire Cutters to remove his middle fingers should not be ruled out!

    ReplyDelete