About

Sunday, February 26, 2006

An Open Letter To The Pinheads At NBC

Dear Sirs,

I think it is safe to say that I have had to put up with a lot from your half-assed network. The lousy NASCAR coverage, Jay Leno’s constant celebrity brown-nosing, and don’t even get me started on “Joey.” None of this, however, can hold a candle to the hatchet job you have performed on the Winter Olympics.

Let’s begin with the anchors and commentators. What does Jim Lampley do when the Olympics aren’t being held? Anything? Do you defrost him out of cold storage once every four years? And while we’re on that subject, can you please put Bob Costas back into cold storage until the year 2923? Cripes, he is brutal!

Who the hell decides what events the country can see on a daily basis? I want this person found and killed. You are wasting precious prime time hours on Figure Skating, while the exciting events like Bobsled, Ski Jumping, and Skeleton take a back seat. It’s ridiculous. I realize that you cannot mold the Olympics to fit everyone’s tastes, but after the country overdoses on Ice Dancing and Figure Skating, it would be nice to give us a change-up once in a while.

Oh, and before me and my gun-toting buddies come to Rockefeller Center; please give me an explanation on why you are carrying the gold medal Ice Hockey game between Finland and Sweden live today? I mean, as great as it is going to be, who the hell is going to wake up at 8am (EST) to watch this great matchup??? We have lives outside your network you know. Now tomorrow I’ll have to avoid the media – which has become rather easy lately – so I don’t find out the final score before I watch it on TiVo.

I wonder if you’d show the final Figure Skating performances so early.

Get Bent,

Wyatt Earp

8 comments:

  1. As always, you crack me up!!

    I did a post today where I tried to guess what people would be reading and I had 2 books for you and could've probably come up with more :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got up to watch it!

    No dedication. That's what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And never mind that they have 4, count them, FOUR networks to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMC - Oh God, I've GOTTA see this!

    Deathlok - I know. I'm a slacker.

    Ty - Exactly my point. Show something more than figure skating and ice dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wyatt, Lampley is a moron and over at huffingtons blog, what a idiot! And you were right on here Brah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sssteve - Lampley at Huff. I knew he was a jackass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did they have the luge this year? I didn't see any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More hockey, more curling, less figure skating, NO Jim Lampley or Bob Costas!

    ReplyDelete