About

Friday, February 24, 2006

Things I Hate

The format is getting a shake-up this week, if for no other reason than I don't want to put President Bush on the PIH list. Until he rethinks his asinine decision to allow the UAE to gain access to our ports - one of which is in my hometown - I am done with this clown. Anyhoo, there are plenty of things that deserve my bile. To wit:

Videogames That Are Too Difficult To Complete

I'm sure Tyler is going to say that I am just getting old, but nothing infuriates me more than being unable to finish a game I enjoy because I'm stuck on some ridiculously difficult board. For example, I an currently playing (and was loving) Spider-man 2 for Playstation 2. While playing Spider-man 2, I reached the board where Mysterio - greatest villain ever, by the way - has taken over the Statue of Liberty.

That was two months ago. I tried to get past the board daily for two weeks, until I finally gave up. And this particular board is near the beginning of the game. Now, the game just sits and collects dust. I am in the same predicament with Driver 3. Look, I don't want easy games, but something challenging, but not impossible would be nice!

Lousy Movies

It takes a concerted effort to make a truly lousy movie in my eyes. Hell, I'm the guy who loves Days of Thunder, Reign of Fire, and XXX; so I go against the curve quite often. Still, sometimes I pay good money to see a big-time loser . . . and it pisses me off. Take High Fidelity, for example. John Cusack and Jack Black almost guaranteed teh funny. Unfortunately for me, this film sucked arse. And I love Cusack. I have seen Grosse Pointe Blank 100 times. The creators of High Fidelity dropped the ball, and I will hunt them down like a dog until I get my $10 refunded!

Jameson Whiskey

Someone check and see if Peakah just passed out. This may be a passing hatred, but after someone - we won't mention names - drank five shots of Jameson Whiskey the other night, I, I mean, "someone" can't stand even the smell of this stuff anymore. Deathlok take note: there will be NO Jameson for me at the Richard Butler Concert. That is all.

10 comments:

  1. You may have to switch to Johnny Walker Black.
    Smooooth.
    And FIRST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *shakes fist at CUG* Curses 2nd! Yeah I agree with you on the video games!! That Freakin' Pong game gets me every time!!!

    Can't help you on the Whiskey though, strongest thing I drink is Pepsi!! Whoo Hooo!! Paaaaaaarrrrrty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyatt, check online for a walk through for the dificult parts so that you can get on with the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to hold my breath until you retract this topic and replace it with "things i love to hate", first of which will be Jameson Irish Whiskey. I really don't see how to live without the stuff - it makes any night you go out and drink it a GREAT night. How many nights have you had a beer or two, just hanging out, and not done much? lots. How many times have you been out and had some jameson and the end of the night thought "boy today really sucked". it never happens! Its liquid fun in a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUG - The thought of hard liquor right now is about as appealing as Hillary Clinton in a thong.

    Sssteve - Pong. Nice.

    Doc - There's a great site at www.mofunzone.com, but I still can't get by the board. Maybe I can hire a 10-year old to do it for me.

    Vinnie - You are The Devil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious!

    Hey, you'll know if anybody will. In Indiana, you see state cops all the time, on the interstates, in town, everywhere. So far, I've never seen a state trooper here in Pennsylvania anywhere but on the interstates. Is there some kind of weird jurisdiction thing going on here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bushmill's it is!

    Itlian guys says "Jameson Irish Whiskey. . . . . Its liquid fun in a bottle! (tear wells up). I wish my friend Mario could read this! (sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prof - Nah, I just think they're lazy. Spend their days in the Rest Areas. Heh.

    Deathlok - Bushmill's. *Gag* I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Prof - Nah, I just think they're lazy. Spend their days in the Rest Areas."

    The only rest area between the state line and here in the center of the state is the welcome center (but at least it's open -- see here).

    My next door neighbor in the last place I lived (in Indiana) was a state cop. Jeez, you should have seen his basement -- it was an armory, he had more firearms down there than they had in any of the local gunshops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate lousy movies too. You get done and realize you've wasted 2 hours of your life that you can't get back.

    ReplyDelete