About

Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Roundup

Round and Round

Despite Jimmie Johnson's best late lap efforts, Matt Kenseth won yesterday's Auto Club 500 in Cal-E-For-Nee-Yah. It would have been nice to see Johnson take the checkered - and better for my pool - but I've always liked Kenseth. He's a hard worker and a class act; unlike some drivers I can mention.

And speaking of a-holes, how about that Tony Stewart? Stewart blew and engine late in the race, and finished dead last. HA!

"Harry" Kari

In case I haven't mentioned it before, Major League Baseball sucks. Don't get me wrong, I still like to watch the minor league Camden Riversharks, but I can't handle the pro game anymore. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Philadelphia Sillies are my home team.

I despise the Sillies, and all of the Kool-Aid drinkers that blindly swear their allegiance to this god-awful team. Anyway, if the Sillies didn't lose me with their dreadful play and bad personnel decisions, they lost me this weekend. The Sillies announced that broadcaster extraordinaire Harry Kalas will be paired with corporate suck-up Chris Wheeler for a total of six innings now. Kalas and Wheeler hate each other, and it appears that the Sillies are making life miserable for Kalas, who is in the final year of his contract.

This makes perfect sense: screw a local icon by putting him with the most hated broadcaster in the city's history. Hell, even writers for the city's most liberal rags despise Wheeler. Of course, the Sillies' management doesn't care a whit for the fans or their wishes.

And they wonder why they don't have a following in this town.

Riding the Wave of Victory

Well, with the playoffs only a week away, The X-Men are building some momentum. We beat Battalion last night by a score of 6-2, and are looking pretty sharp. (This may have to do with the fact that I couldn't make the game because of work, but . . . ) Our last regular season game is on Wednesday night, with the opening game of the playoffs start on Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Safe at first!!!!!! Chris Wheeler is an arse. To call him a tool or a toad would be an insult to tools and toads around the world. Fans don't want more of him. In fact, when he is on all I do is heckle him. Maybe the brass is hoping Kalas will throw Wheeler out of the broadcast booth to his death. Nah...Wheelers winner of a toupe would break his fall and crack the ground. Whitey is turning in his grave RIP.

    Now...you surprised me...no tribute to Barney Fife? (sp) The Apple Dumpling Gang will never ride again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you suck!

    Well, maybe just your choice of drivers. I still "heart" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, tell us how you really feel about MLB!! Sorry GN, I don't like the whiner either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RT, don't pay such high compliments to that hemorrhoid Wheeler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for removing my comment. I thought you should know, though, that the other "matt" that posted comments on here was not me. You may want to put those back up. Or not. Obviously, it's your choice whether you want to allow comments that might (shock!!!) disagree with something you post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt - I know exactly who you are. Site Meter doesn't lie. And maybe you should read a little more. I not only allow comments that disagree with me, but I usually post hate mail.

    Of course, I am puzzled why you keep coming back to read my "drivel." Twice today before noon? Wow. If you truly think this is drivel, please feel free to stop coming by; you won't be missed.

    Of course, if you want to check back on a daily basis, my increasing hit meter thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Wyatt, I would hope that you know exactly who I am since I linked my e-mail address on my last post. You really put two and two together there, didn't you? Sorry, that was a cheap shot too easy to resist. Anyway, yes, I would more than expect that you know who I am.

    I would just like to point out the following:
    1. In your original post you mentioned a "boring" blogger whom you went to college with -- we both know exactly who that is, don't we? -- and yet now the mention is gone. Curious, no? 2. I have commented a total of three times to this post. The first calling you out for not linking to the aforementioned blogger (among other things), the second was yesterday morning to which you responded, and now this, the third. I was not the other "matt" that you and he referred to as being part of some Daily News blog circle. Believe me, if that were me I would be more than happy to take credit for being an "uber-liberal," or whatever term it was you two were throwing around. 3. You removed my original comment despite your claim that you leave up "hate mail" -- which none of this has been -- and other comments that disagree with you. Another curiosity.

    ReplyDelete