About

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Devilish

The Duke University Men’s Lacrosse team has been suspended after allegations that a rape occurred during a team party earlier this month. Cripes, I wanted to see my sport get more attention, but this is not exactly what I meant. Allegedly, there is a mountain of evidence against some players on the squad, and the future of the team is uncertain. This is a major blow to the program, which is perennially one of the best in the country. That being said, if the evidence holds up, those players involved should fry.

Hell, when I played at Saint Joseph’s, the worst thing we did was shave the rookies’ heads. Well, that and the thing with the goat . . .

3 comments:

  1. The punks are arrogant enough to think they can be quiet about the whole thing. Even though they are innocent until proven guilty, they are not setting a very good image of cooperation. I hope it isn't true, but... I applaud the school for making the decision to suspend the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add you to the list of things to protect Jill from. I'm not sure if you go before or after el chupacabra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 bucks says one of the guys who did it is/was the biggest star, and that's why no one is talking.

    ReplyDelete