About

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally! A Reason To Go To Tennessee!

For those readers who are not NASCAR fans – which would be a lot of you – today is the day you need to climb aboard. The NASCAR Nextel Cup Series is in Bristol, Tennessee today, and the most exciting race of the season will soon be underway.

Racing at Bristol Motor Speedway is like racing in a fishbowl. The track is about a half mile long with extraordinarily high banking, and just wide enough for two cars side by side. Long story short: there will be a lot of wrecks today.

It is my life’s mission to see a race there someday. As long as Pandy or GOP and College put me up, that is.

7 comments:

  1. Yeee Haaa! I win the checkered flag because I'm ffffffffirst!!!!
    I didn't even have to bump-draft anyone.

    Boogitty, boogitty, boogitty....(sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Race isn't even half over, and it's been a typicl wreck-fest! Although Gordon and Kyle Busch are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you know what's funny? I didn't realize I put the wrong letters, as I was dozing off to sleep...I'm such a dork. I'm reading my post thinking who the frak is sp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day I WILL go to the August NASCAR race there in Bristol. I'm glad I didn't go to this one though...it was DAMN cold there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Dollywood, The Country Music Hall of Fame, The Nashville Predators, Graceland, Beale Street, and so on.

    Did I mention The World's Largest Adult Bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bristol and Martinsville... the last NASCAR tracks left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RT - I figured it was you . . . just sleepy.

    GOP & College - Yeah, it looked REALLY cold. I would love to go to the night race there as well.

    The Man - I LOVE the Predators, primarily because I have Tomas Vokoun in my fantasy league. He's awesome.

    Bob - No kidding. I would like to see more short tracks on the schedule.

    ReplyDelete