About

Friday, March 24, 2006

Let's "Ty" Him To The Railroad Tracks

Sorry ladies, but it appears Ty is an a-hole in person.

Well, my quaint little neighborhood is getting some unwanted Hollywood attention. The folks from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (and, no, they aren't getting any links here) are around the corner preparing to make my life a living hell for the next seven days.

The biggest problem with these California toads is that they are remaking a home on one of the busiest avenues in my area. And, since they are self-important Hollywood types, they have blocked off the avenue, and almost every street leading to it. Simply put, we have to travel to U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) to take Kyle to school for the next few days - during rush hour - when side streets got us there much faster. The speedy drive to Target or the supermarket is now a logistical nightmare, and Philly cops who are needed on patrol are blocking traffic throughout the 'hood. Swell.

The wife was excited that Ty and the gang were only two blocks away, so she walked over with Kyle to see what was going on. Unfortunately for the mob of onlookers and autograph seekers, "Nice Guy Ty" sprinted off the set and into his limousine. Nice guy.

Look, I realize that this show tries to help out a needy family, but no one bothered to let the surrounding residents in on the master plan. A master plan which includes jackass contractors working around the clock - like working folks don't need any sleep - and most every street blocked off. I would flash the shield and just blow through the intersections, but hey, these people are from Hollywood! They're special.

The rest of us . . . not so much.

UPDATE: The wife went around the corner this morning to get a look-see. (She's just trying to piss me off.) There was a huge crowd of fans and autograph seekers, and Nice Guy Ty pulled in, ignored everyone, and went into the house. Of all the cast and crew on location, only one designer - some guy named Paul - acknowledged the crowd. He also signed autographs and posed for pictures. Would it be evil of me to hope that the cast and crew get Bird Flu this week?

9 comments:

  1. We may get to see where wyatt lives.

    I too hate that show, but I may have to watch that week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welllll Wyatt, as the lone voice once again.... They did a house in Mesa, AZ and there were some issues as well. But guess what, not the shows fault. They ask for help in planning from the City and the City decides on how to handle traffic. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trading Spaces did a thing here on base. They were actually very nice about it - no blocked traffic, no godawful hammering at all hours, they kept out of the way (unless you needed to get into the housing office, that is).

    Perhaps you should switch out programs. Or, go hold a sign in front of "their" house with "Ty is an ##@!!*& and FREE PHILLY! on them.

    I'd participate in that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that since this went over so well they are planning on using the house next to you for the next season of Surreal Life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH - Agreed on all counts.

    Ty - It's not that nice, believe me. I think the show is set to run in April, but I won't be anywhere near a camera. F*** them!

    SK - These people are getting worse. Today they blocked the only way into my street with cones. I drove over one of them to get to my street. When one of Ty's security goons gave me a look, I flashed my shield and said, "What?" Goon defeated.

    AFW - I came home from work last night at midnight and all of the stadium lights were on and the noise was ridiculous. At least I don't live next door to these morons.

    Deathlok - No problemo there. I wanna meet Ron Jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. I love your response to the cones;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. They probably have time planned for when they do "acknowledge" the crowds. They do some work and if they spend all their time signing autographs and such....it adds up to a lot of time. They could at least wave, though.

    Hopefully some good will come of their project. I'd be grateful for my mother to have a bedroom of her own. She hasn't had one since she and my father split up when I was two. Would be nice, too, if she wasn't out of work for the past year and half leaving me with all the bills. I'd also be happy if I didn't live in an apartment complex with obvious gang members walking around. Just sayin'....count your blessings and ignore the mindless a-holes that only exist in the bubbles created for them. Not worth your blood pressure. Hopefully some good charitiable stuff comes from the house being rebuilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing what they can do in SEVEN days! I'm sure they are on a tight schedule to get it done. Maybe they'll party afterwards. Lighten up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SK - Thanx. It was the only response I had in me that didn't include gunfire.

    RT - When the wife went back (again) Ty was out front bouncing around the crowd and being the gracious host . . . because the cameras were on. He's a tool.

    Anon - I don't want a party. I want them to get the hell out of my neighborhood. And if they are gonna be here for seven days, at the very least acknowledge the neighbors whose lives you're disrupting.

    ReplyDelete