About

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spanked!

Well, we sure could have used Emma Laaksonen last night. Our single-elimination hockey playoff game started badly - we gave up the first goal after only 20 seconds - and finished even worse. The mighty X-Men have fallen . . . hard. The first-place Battalion wiped the ice with us, and won the game by a score of 9-1.

I, as usual, played like poo, and the only joy I felt was when Vincent Antonelli - who is on my line - scored in the third period, breaking the shutout. Other than that, it was a miserable evening.

So, we ended this season with a regular season record of 9-11; good enough for 4th place. Not that impressive, but we had fun - until last night, and the next season is just around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you ought to have lost some weight anyways!! I left a box of donuts for you at my site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rut beer I guess...sorry. There's always next year, and you'll be a thinner, leaner, and meaner Earp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ssssteve - Oh that's nice!

    RT - Hopefully. Vinnie is talking about playing in the Spring league.

    AH - Spanked . . . and it was hot!

    Fm - Don't think that didn't cross my mind. Gillooly!

    ReplyDelete