About

Monday, April 03, 2006

"Guns" Redux

All that hype and nothing to show for it. I feel like the "creative forces" behind Basic Instinct 2. Unfortunately, more folks than usual checked out my "Guns. Lots Of Guns" post after Dave linked it here. So, like Lucy Ricardo, I reckon I got a lot of "splaining" to do.

After my partner and I got suited up - guns, cuffs, vests, radios, flashlights, crime scene kits, etc. - we were walking out of the squad room when one of Tim's toads came to the window and surrendered. Nice, since we were just about to hit her house with the warrant. For the next two hours, we were stuck inside while Tim interrogated her (she rolled on her co-toad) and processed the paperwork.

Take 2. We jumped into an unmarked car with another detective who had an arrest warrant to serve. After a brief drive into Bartertown (obscure movie reference!), we hit the house and were told that this toad wasn't home. We asked to check the house - like she had any choice with our warrant - and toad boy walked in the front door. We draw our pistols, and the uniformed cops drag him to the floor and cuff him. Warrant served.

After dinner, we mostly drove around the 'hood. Our closest brush with even mild excitement occurred when we got a call for a 302 (a mentally unstable person) who was trying to light his house on fire. Sweet! Unfortunately for our adrenaline glands, by the time we pulled up, the loon was gone.

The final tally: two warrants served, two pistols drawn, one nice dinner, and overtime. Not too shabby considering.

Oh, and for those readers of Garfield Ridge, I am not quitting the blogosphere. So, please come back occasionally. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. A 302, hun,--that might be a good title for some of your rants! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 302, hun,--that might be a good title for some of your rants! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this was not my fault! I typed in the correct letters THREE times!

    And, first, second and third!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the loon is friends with the well-connected lady with a burnt flower pot. Along with Col. Mustard in the den. ;)

    I would've liked to see the look on the co-toad's face as he/she walked in to see the welcoming committee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...I am really losing it. I typed the stupid word verfication as my id....stupid daylight savings time...grrrr...makes me too tired to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin - Thanks for the response from all three of your multiple personalities.

    Deathlok - Agreed.

    RT - What Deathlok said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get to have more fun than hubby. Federal badge be damned, he would get fired if he ever drew his weapon stateside.

    Even if someone was shooting at him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, mr smarty pants....the 3 of us will be gunning for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One April fools joke that might have gotten a bit out of hand, even with the Hannity refrence and the post after it, and the comments. I saw that over on his site, and your April fools joke turned into the best one of the year. But, he called you a slacker, and for that he must pay... I am thinking "Guns part deux... Garfield Ridge"

    ReplyDelete