About

Friday, May 05, 2006

People I Hate

So, I'm watching The Silence of the Lambs for the umpteenth time - absolutely LOVE IT - and it hits me: today is Friday, and I forgot PIH. Crap! It's a little (okay, a lot) late, but here it is. Enjoy!

Bobby Clarke

This is going to set my fellow Flyers fans off, but I can't help it. Clarke is the GM of the Philadelphia Flyers. You remember the Flyers, the "professional" ice hockey team that rarely (if ever) survives the first round of the NHL playoffs. Well, lightning struck yet again in South Philly this year, as the home team got boned worse than Moussaoui ever will; courtesy of Pandy's favorite team, The Buffalo Sabres. What truly bothers me about Clarke is that he has done so little to make this team better - the acquisition of Peter Forsberg is the exception that proves the rule - and he gets a bigger pass than Patrick Kennedy. For every Peter Forsberg signing, there are tens of Chris Therien acquisitions. I guess I don't blame Clarke's lazy attitude. If I had his job security, I wouldn't do jack squat, either.

The powers behind the WTC Memorial

WTC? It's more like WTF?! I have a few questions. Why has it taken five years to even break ground on this monstrosity? Why are officials trying to cut the funding for the project one day after the bulldozers roll in? Why the hell does this damned thing cost $1 BILLION??? And finally, why isn't the country ranting about the absurd lack of progress here?

Cesar Millan, The "Dog Whisperer"

Do I really need to elaborate on this one? This jackass has a "Dog Psychiatry Center." Are you kidding me? What's worse is that Sigmund Fraud has his own show on the National Geographic Channel. It's official: anyone in America can get their own television show.

10 comments:

  1. No, not anyone in America. Only lame people with a really stupid gimmick get a TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's yours, cowboy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the idea about the WTC memorial, build them back a little bigger than before. That is it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penn and Teller just blasted (no pun intended) Pataki about the WTC on the Ground Zero episode of Bullshit. And whatshisname, dog whisperer, was on last week's South Park episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a hilarious South Park episode, by the way. We were thinking of attempting those methods with our son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fm - Then why doesn't SYLG have one?

    Lin - Read my mind, sister!

    Ty - I'd rather they build them A LOT bigger . . . with missile batteries on top.

    Prof - Pataki is a Republican in the mold of John McLame.

    AFW - I just saw that ep, and I loved it!

    Peak - Zip it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once purchased a book on dog psychology. I used it to beat the dog when it was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slander! Vicious LIES!

    Oh my heart!

    Die, Sabres, DIE.

    This after I had to endure the horrible stomping of my favorite team by the stoopid Hurricanes... uuhhh. My HEART! *sobbing*

    ReplyDelete