About

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Stupid Questions

Do you think the Board of Directors at the NHL and falling on their swords after seeing four small-market teams (Anaheim, Buffalo, Carolina, and Edmonton) make it to the playoff conference finals?

Has anyone - besides me and Deathlok - ever seen The Boondock Saints? Watched it last night for the first time. Loved it!

Is anyone surprised at reading this:

MOGADISHU, Somalia - Rival militias massed on the northern edge of Somalia's lawless capital Saturday, prompting hundreds to flee their homes amid fears that another surge of violence was imminent in this Horn of Africa country, witnesses said. Islamic militias and a rival alliance of secular warlords signed a cease-fire last week after more than 140 people were killed in just eight days, but tensions remained high. Most of the casualties have been noncombatants caught in crossfire or killed by stray missiles.

10 comments:

  1. If you haven't watched the deleted scenes, get off the computer and go do it.

    The phone call to Mom is priceless.

    This summer Boondocks Saints II - Electric Boogaloo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of it--should I feel deprived?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the reason that the UN is so impotent is because of....get this...oil. Things are so intertwined with who gets what from whom, that it boils down to money and oil....hmm....stupid losers.

    Boondocks? I think I've heard the title, but have never seen it. Seems I'll have to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was searching on google for more information on Boondock Saints II and found your site. The Boondock Saints is by far my favorite movie. I just ordered the Collector's Edition.

    And shepherds we shall be,
    for thee my lord for thee.
    Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

    In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

    Enjoy the sequel when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired of this "sports welfare" where the leagues take money from the big market teams and gives it to the small market teams. Spend the money, or move the team.

    My money's on Buffalo btw. Of courese, being from Louisiana, I know next to nothing about hockey.

    I've heard of Boondock Saints, but I've never watched it.

    Am I suprised that there is more violence and unrest in Somalia? Uhhhh, no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Violence in Somalia?!?!?!?

    Next you'll be telling me that not all is peaceful in Jerusalem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All - For those of you not in the know, for Deathlok, the sub-title to EVERY sequel is "Electric Boogaloo."

    Lin - If you have any roots in the Emerald Isle, see it now!

    RT - I guarantee you will like it. A bit violent, but tremendous!

    Anon - Welcome! The prayer is terrific, as is the rest of the film.

    Fm - Although they have won quite a few Cups, I am pulling for the Edmonton Oilers - Gertzky's first pro team.

    AFW - Or that there's a border problem in the Southwest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The NHL has playoffs? I thought OLN was running re-runs from the 1978 playoffs.

    Oh, that's just the shitty quality of their NHL programming. I might as well pull out the old 19-inch black and white TV with rabbit ears to get the same quality picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are we talking about a movie?

    ReplyDelete