About

Friday, June 23, 2006

People I Like

This won't be a typical PIH (or, for that matter, a typical PIL) because today I met three very atypical people. These are their stories. (Cue Law and Order "Bum, bum.")

Last week, Sssteve shot me an e-mail saying that he and his brother (frequent commenter Joe Cool) would be in Philadelphia on June 22 and 23. Incredibly, they were flying in from the Pacific Northwest - Home of the Sasquatch - to pick up a car Joe bought on eBay. The two were then going to drive straight through (forty-something hours) from Philly to Washington state! Swell, I thought, this car will spit out lemonade, and I'll have to put them up until the car gets fixed.

The plan was to meet the brothers and Fitch in South Philly and hit Geno's for some steaks.

Unfortunately, Sssteve brought the rain, and Joe's car need a nip/tuck before the journey. So, I met the dynamic duo outside R&S Strauss. Sssteve met me first (with flair) and my first thought was, "God, this guy is uglier than me!" (Sssteve, that was just to see if you're checking the net on your way home.) We talked for a while and went inside to find Joe. Joe was scheduling a radiator flush, tune up, and a no-polish manicure. With the rain and the car issues, Geno's was out of the question. Thus, we settled on Famous Dave's Bar-B-Q which was in the immediate area. Yummy!

We grabbed a table and talked about blogging, life, and how hot Uber is when Fitch came in. I have never met Fitch (or Sssteve and Joe) before, so I didn't know what to expect. That's why I brought my gun. Heh. Thankfully, they were aces. Very down-to-earth and friendly as hell. The most bizarre thing was that they were adults. I don't know why, but I always thought Sssteve was some pre-pubescent teen that watched Saved By The Bell. Ironically, he thought the same about me - but in my case, that is all true.

Fitch joined the conversation and instantly I knew why he is a better blogger than I am. Smart and funny, Fitch knows his stuff. Me, I just make crap up: it's easier that way. As we were gabbing I also realized that I hadn't linked Fitch's Radioactive Liberty on SYLG. Rather embarrassing on my part. (Sorry Fitch, that error has been rectified.)

All told, it was a damned fine evening. I would like to think that all of my blog friends are normal, well-adjusted people, but that can't possibly be the case. Either way, I was glad I made the trip.

13 comments:

  1. I would visit but they would revoke my southern man card for visiting a yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when you cross that mason-dixon line, people down here lose all respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd visit, but I can't afford the bridge toll...then they might go ahead and open up the Tacony,too.

    I'm boring normal...except for the twitch that causes me to drool non-stop.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great time. Great to meet you all too. I thought you were really funny, in a good way. (Laughing with you not at you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uglier yes, but I have a much sexier body! The women wouldn't keep their eyes off me! I felt like a rib eye in a steak shop!

    btw, it is 3 pm eastern on Sat. and we are half way home!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to know you were all fairly normal. Wait...I'm taking Wyatt's word ! Crap, I still don't know if y'all are normal or not. Glad you guys had a good time though!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in a city with 7 other bloggers who's blogs I read and have not met any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd bettah find out if any of you visit Las Vegas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I never get to meet anybody...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doc - Then we should make a Man Law.

    Fm - How could they lose more respect for Doc?

    RT - Cheap skate. We were five minutes from the bridge. Remember this when we have SYLG night at the Riversharks game this summer!

    FIAR - I heard a few snickers IN my direction, too.

    Sssteve - They couldn't keep their eyes of you because they thought you were gonna eat them. Heh.

    SK - I am almost uber-normal!

    Tyler - That's because all of your cars are being worked on in the front yard. At least, that's what Jeff Foxworthy told me!

    Peak - But you can't tell anyone what would happen! The commercials said so!

    JT - I'm not all that interesting, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We ALL have to take Peakah up on his offer and go to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn. When are you guys going to brave the land of Ted Kennedy?

    ReplyDelete