About

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tucson Tales, Part II

To say that my friend Kevin is a bad influence on my children is an understatement. This is the guy who had my two-year old son shouting "Yee-haaaa!" in a crowded Mexican restaurant last week.

Unfortunately, I had no one to blame but myself for Erik's most recent outburst of creativity.

About halfway through our Tucson vacation, we stopped by Gates Pass to take in some kickass scenery as well as a little local history. Just off the parking lot is a ledge above the valley that overlooks the western part of the state. When I asked Kevin who or what we were looking at, he said we were looking westward toward California. I picked up Kyle, and Kevin picked up Erik for a better view. When we were leaving, I told Erik to say goodbye to the hippies. He waved his hand and said, "Bye hippies!"

A good time was had by all.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday. We were sitting in Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport waiting for our flight, when another plane was boarding. Erik was watching with interest, and stood at the window when the plane moved toward the runway. In his loudest voice, he screamed, "BYE, HIPPIES!" The missus and I cringed as the people in the terminal glanced at our "precocious" son. As if that weren't bad enough, The Hippies' flight destination?

San Diego, California.

4 comments:

  1. That is too cute and too funny!!!! At least you didn't say "Die hippies!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy that kid a beer!!
    Well, in several years, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job DAD!!!! LOL Look at the bright side, at least you weren't in Portland:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. It looks like you have your son on the right track. My five year old daughter will tell you that any Beatles song is evil.

    ReplyDelete