About

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Nifty 50,000

So, I spent a few days thinking about what I'd write if and when I hit 50,000 visitors.

And as of this posting, I still have nothing. Oh yeah, that book deal is right around the corner. In the interim, let me just say this:

Most blogs out there are more well-written, funnier, more substantive, and less sarcastic than Support Your Local Gunfighter. The fact that you all come by here anyway to read my daily dose of Vitamin B-oring humbles me. Every time someone tells me they read the blog I get embarrassed. What do you say to that except, "Thank you?" And when that rare person tells me that they love the blog, my usual reply is simply, "The check is in the mail."

And yet, for every "regular" that reads the blog and drops a comment, I know there are others who just stop by now and then. Keep at it, SYLG kinda grows on you . . . like fungus. Either way, I appreciate all of the traffic. I mean, 50,000 visitors in fifteen months is rather intimidating. I hope I can continue to meet your rather low expectations. Thank you all.

P.S. - I would be remiss if I didn't mention the man who got me started on this blog kick. Tom Durso of Shallow Center recently hung up his keyboard after a three-year run. If it weren't for his patience and direction, SYLG wouldn't have 50,000 visitors in 50,000 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment