About

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Terribly Vexed

It has been a long and fruitless week, and it's only Wednesday morning. This is what is vexing me at the present time.

First of all, although we won our hockey game on Sunday night, we tied Monday night's game. No big deal, right? Wrong. We were leading by a score of 3-1 with 1:37 left in the game. Almost immediately after that, the Bruins scored two goals in 1:05. We limped into overtime, and managed the tie, but it was a game we should have won.

Licking our wounds, we went to the bar around the corner from the rink, only to find out it was closed. It was barely midnight! Swell.

Tuesday morning, I woke early because I had two trials downtown. Usually, spending your day off in a courtroom with America's refuse is a chore, and this was no different. Then the jerkass I locked up for a huge burglary last winter - and refused to admit the crime, even though he was caught on tape - copped a guilty plea minutes before the trial was about to start. It's a win, but the sentence would be much lighter now. Damnit.

Tuesday afternoon was spent putting up icicle lights on my roof. Unfortunately, I am scared to death of ladders, and Denny (THE FIREMAN) showed his support by stopping by and laughing at me. Nice. After I came down from the wuthering heights, the missus told me that they would look better if I put them on the upper roof as well - we live in a split-level. Ugh. That's today's chore.

I took the clan to dinner on Monday night, and Kyle, my five-year old, looked at me out of the blue and said, "Dad, I wish you were my age, so you wouldn't die for a long, long time." What the hell do you say to that???

And finally, we met The Badger's girlfriend after Sunday night's game. In my humble opinion, she looks a lot like Diana Rigg (The Avengers' Emma Peel, pictured above), and for the record, that's a compliment. She's a librarian - so the mystery abounds as to why she's with him - and asked Badger for my blog address. Now I feel immense pressure to write something of substance. Instead, the last three days' worth of posts have been awful. And not the kind of awful everyone usually enjoys; the awful that makes people want to never stop back. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment