About

Sunday, January 28, 2007

4 Things I Hate About Me

I am always amazed when someone compliments me or the blog. Sure, I put a lot of effort into this nonsense, but I never think people are enjoying it. I am my harshest critic, and I guess that's one of my millions of psychological problems. You'd think the police department would screen for that, wouldn't ya? Heh. So, in accord with another blustery day, I give you another self-deprecating blog post.

4 Things I Hate About Me

1. I seriously lack confidence. Despite my self-assured demeanor, I have about as much confidence in my abilities as Oprah does in her ability to stop eating Yodels. This is never more prevalent then when I am on the ice rink. Vinnie and Badger tell me all the time that I "panic" when I accept a pass, then shoot it or pass it away almost immediately. They're right. And it really irks me.

2. I never sugarcoat an issue. If someone wants an opinion, I am going to give it to them; damn the consequences. I figure, that if they don't want the truth, they shouldn't ask me. It has cost me a lot of friends, but if nothing else, they know they are getting the truth. I could always sugarcoat an issue to save someone's feelings, but there's nothing I hate more than hypocrites. I'd like to be "less honest" but I don't think I could do it.

3. I have a seriously short fuse. Maybe it's the Irish in me. Maybe it's the Slovak in me. Either way, my patience with the human race runs thin. I have little time for morons and their stupid questions. I have no time for people who don't belong on Earth - which, to me, is most people. Ironically, the only place where I don't explode at the drop of a hat is during a hockey game. So far this year, I have one penalty.

4. I will hold a grudge for years. There are people who were close friends of mine in high school that I have not and will not ever talk to again. The same holds true for college. Our last hockey team - the scumbags who abandoned Badger, Fish, Vinnie, and I at the start of the season - are dead to me. Some people say that life is too short to hold grudges. I say life is too short to waste with people who sold you out. But that's just me.

So, can anyone refer me to a good psychiatrist?

No comments:

Post a Comment