About

Monday, January 22, 2007

Skate Or Die!

The only drawback to my day skate with Kyle (see above post) was that I was exhausted when we finally got home. My back hurt from crouching, and my feet hurt from my damned new Nike skates. (Note to self: break them in first!) Luckily, there was no time for bitching, because my hockey team had a game last night against one of the top teams in the league, Team 22.

It only took a moment to refresh our memory of this squad. They were comprised of a handful of decent players, a few scrubs, and one guy who had absolutely no business being in a “C” league. This guy should have been moved up months ago. He pretty much skated circles around Badger and Randal, two of our best skaters, and scored three goals.

We came back after a brutal first period to play well for the last two. After I posted the sidebar picture of Emma Laaksonen, Vinnie went out and scored a goal while assisting on another. Thus, I have decided to leave her up for his good luck. I played okay, and added an assist on a goal in the second period. As we approached the end of the third period, we were losing by a score of 6-5. We pulled our goalie, and got a few chances with the extra attacker, but couldn’t put them in. Final score: 6-5.

There’s no rest for the weary, as our next game is Tuesday night at 10:40pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment