About

Friday, February 16, 2007

People I Hate

At the risk of being berated by Vinnie, Randal, and Badger, I should have stayed home last night. Sure, we beat the third place Steelers by a score of 8-1, but I think I seriously re-injured my chest/ribs. And, now I have to listen to the wife's "I told ya so" all day. Dang.

Any hoo, my rubs hurt, but my bile ducts are just fine. Here ya go:

Milton Street

The brother of America's most corrupt, inept mayor is running for that same office in 2007. Check out this blurb from The Philadelphia Inquirer:

Figure this: A former hot dog vendor who (a) couldn't get his name on a Pennsylvania ballot last year because he lived in New Jersey and (b) is under indictment on federal corruption and tax charges has decided to run for mayor of Philadelphia.

"If people don't want to vote for me because I've been indicted, go vote for somebody else," T. Milton Street Sr. said yesterday as he announced he was joining the five major Democratic candidates for mayor.

Oh, those wacky Democrats! Why should a little federal indictment stop them from running for office? Calling this man a piece of detritus is an insult to the detritus. I wish he were kidding, but like most Democrats, Uncle Milty has no sense of humor.

Katie Holmes

You think marrying Tom Cruise and joining the loony Scientologists was a bad decision?

Claiming "scheduling conflicts," the 28-year-old actor has confirmed she will not reprise her Batman Begins role in the upcoming sequel The Dark Knight, despite the fact that her character, Rachel Dawes, remains in the script. (H/T - Yahoo!)

Let's not get nuts here; Holmes is not a good actress. However, the fact that she has decided to abandon the Batman series - in my opinion, Batman Begins was one of the best comic book films in a long time - is complete idiocy. I guess she didn't want her reputation tainted by staring in a good film for a change. The above story said she was working on a new film opposite Queen Latifah. Yeah, let us know how that works out for ya, Kate. Ass.

Barry Bonds

Yeah, I know, this toad is always appearing here, but he keeps irking me to no end. Steroid Barry finally signed his one-year deal with the San Francisco Giants after two months of argument. Like anyone else would have this scrote.

While reading the article at Yahoo! News, this sentence infuriated me:

"The 42-year-old Bonds is 22 homers shy of breaking Hank Aaron's career record of 755."

Barry Bonds will be baseball's home run king after this season. Count on it. And when he breaks Aaron's mark, the sport of baseball will officially be a bigger joke than pro boxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment