About

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SYLG's Mad Libs

It's a snowy Monday in Philadelphia, so what better time to try out a new feature here at the homestead? Today, I give you SYLG's Mad Libs, where I offer a funny or ironic story, and allow you, the reader, to make whatever comments you deem necessary. Comments can be serious, comedic, or (like me) snarky. If you're interested, post your thoughts in the comments section, and I'll add them to the post after midnight.

Here's the inaugural story:

"NEW YORK - Genealogists have found that civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton is a descendant of a slave owned by relatives of the late Sen. Strom Thurmond, a newspaper reported Sunday." - (H/T - Yahoo! News)

And here is your commentary:

The Man wrote: "...Al Sharpton was appalled that his family once had to work for a living."

Randal Graves wrote: "Mr. Sharpton will now be suing Mr. Thurmond and his BLACK daughter. When Strom was asked to comment, his only response was 'I loved Chris Tucker in Rush Hour.'"

The Man also wrote: "Let's play Al Sharpton Mad Libs:

Al Sharpton is upset this week by __________ (cause -of-the-week). He demands ________(dollar amount) to be donated to his PAC to rectify the situation."

Uncle Ray wrote: "Now Al can recite the line that Tawanna Brawley did.....'Ain't no one am gonna manipsulate me!'"

Insolublog wrote: " NEW YORK – Gynecologists have found that civil rot
activist Rev. Al Sharpton closely resembles a salve used by relatives of the late Sen. Strom Thurmond, to relieve the itch and rash of herpes, a newspaper reported Sunday."

Thanks for playing, everyone! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have the funniest readership in the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment