About

Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Today is the official start of Pennsylvania's high school lacrosse season. As a result, it is the official start of my second job, coaching boys' lacrosse at Northeast Catholic High School in Philadelphia. Just when you thought I couldn't ignore my family more than I already do . . .

The season lasts from March 1 through the end of the school year (mid-May), and we'll play thirteen league games as well as a few non-league match ups. We started the program at North, and are currently in their eighth year. After playing at St. Joseph's University for four years, I coached Holy Ghost Prep for four years, was an assistant coach at Father Judge for four years.

North is a small school, but we are one of the more popular programs. This season we had fifty kids sign up for the team, our largest number ever. Hopefully, most will stay on for the season, giving us two distinct teams (Varsity and JV).

Of course, I'm excited now because I haven't seen the little monsters nine months. I'll probably be sick of them by April 1. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment