About

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sally, Take A Meme-o

JLow tagged me with a Meme. Although it's similar to a meme I was served with a few months ago, I'll indulge her, since her team is next to last in our Fantasy NASCAR League. Heh. Here's the topic:

Write 7 things about myself. The specifics are a sort of gray area, since the previous taggers wrote all kinds of stuff. Hmm . . . talk about myself. I don't think I can do that, but I'll give it a whirl.

1. In my opinion, I do not take a good picture. And I am referring to my Quasimodo-esque looks, not my talent behind the lens. I challenge you to find a photo of me where I do not look fugly, yet alone handsome. Can't be done.

2. The ice hockey rink is my Happy Place. No matter what is going on in my life - good or bad - I always find peace on the ice. My team could be losing 15-0, and I could be playing like a little prepubescent girl: I don't care. Somewhere inside of my desolate little mind, I am truly happy.

3. I don't think I'm funny. At all. I have a very dry biscuit sense of humor that doesn't play well with a lot of people, and when folks comment about something here they find funny, I am always amazed. Of course, I could answer those comments a la Joe Pesci: "How am I funny?"

4. I despise almost all of my local sports teams. I hate the Eagles because their fans are despicable, vile human beings that find throwing batteries at players funny. I wish the Sixers (and the NBA in general) would fold. I refuse to root for any Major League Baseball team as long as Barry Bonds is not shunned, and the Flyers' management has been letting me down for three decades. On top of that, I think all of that Flamin' Homer, root, root, root for the home team garbage is just that . . . garbage.

5. I like being alone. I'm not a fan of crowds, primarily because I hate people. (Not you people. Other people!) My ideal night is sitting in my basement watching TV or playing PS2 by myself. And don't call me! I'm busy!!!

6. I love classical music. Beethoven, Brahms, Bach, Tchaikovsky, I love them all. That was my mother's influence, and it sorta stuck with me. Unfortunately, there is only one radio station in the area which plays the genre, but a few pieces a day is enough to lift my spirits.

7. Finally, I collect movie posters. Currently, there are 11 framed posters in my basement, and about six or seven others in the basement closet. They run the gamut from Spider-Man through Goldfinger. The missus told me I was running out of room about ten posters ago, but I ignored her. Turns out she was right. Dang.

Since I lose friends and readers by tagging others, I shall not do so today. However, if you would like to participate, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment