About

Thursday, May 31, 2007

This One's For The Wives

Funny thing about this Spring League: games keep popping up with little to no notice. Last night, our captain Gusty sent us an e-mail. Here's the condensed version.

"Oh, and we have a game tomorrow night at 9pm."

Nothing like 24 hours notice, right? For my teammates who are married, I figured I owed the wives a little gratitude. (By the way, I know I am married, but the missus knows that hockey comes before almost anything else in life. I'm in!)

Donna - Although your husband is balding and dim-witted, he really loves you. He talks about you all the time, especially when we're at the rink. Your constant support for the team is unparalleled, and unmatched by everything but your incredible beauty. And, really, you are much more beautiful when you let Vinnie attend the last-minute games.

Jenn - Okay, you're not an official "wife" yet, but the way The Badger talks about you, it's only a matter of time. And, honestly, we're pushing for that Big Day, because, well, misery loves company. Look, it's obvious that you're the hottest female in our little clique - I'm assuming Donna isn't reading your part - so, how's about you throw Badger a bone and let him play tonight? It's what Jesus would do.

Sharon - You're the best sister-in-law I have (assuming that Kim isn't reading this, that is), and I know you'll let Fish play tonight anyway. But in case you are wavering a bit, I just wanted to say that women from Pittsburgh are the smartest, most thoughtful women in the state. So smart, in fact, that you're probably not buying this line of b.s., so I'll stop now.

Leanne - I have a game in seven hours. I'm going. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment