About

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Verdict

Well, it's been a long, stressful two weeks, but today I found out the results of my knee injury. Of course, it didn't help that I was sitting the the Waiting Room for over an hour, and I had to split time with the blue-haired octogenarian with the personality disorder.

"Ma'am, you are only scheduled for blood work today."
"Well, I demand to see the doctor, too!"

And this broad was in front of me on the list. Figures. When the doctor finally came to my room, he examined the films, and told me the findings. Ladies and gentlemen, set your faces to "stunned."

"Findings consistent with a contusion of the anterior aspect of the lateral femoral condyle. Small joint effusion. No evidence of meniscal of ligamentous injury."

Did everyone follow that?

The English version is this . . . The good news is that I probably won't have to have surgery. The bad news is that I will almost surely have to skip my ice hockey's Winter League. I'm on the shelf for 3-6 months. Damn.

I have an appointment at the Orthopedist tomorrow morning. There is a chance that he will immobilize the leg and keep me of it for a week or two. Barring that, the only way this will heal is good, old-fashioned rest. Maybe he can also eliminate some of the pain.

And, if not, maybe he can explain to my teammates why I had to let them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment