About

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Another Hollywood Jackass Weighs In

Apparently, when a Hollywood liberal asshat speaks, the rest of us should drop what we are doing and obey!
Actress Jodie Foster has hit out at America's abundance of firearms, insisting all guns should be banned. Foster, who plays an urban vigilante in new movie The Brave One, believes her anti-gun stance is out of step with the beliefs of most of her countrymen.

She says, "I don't believe that any gun should be in the hand of a thinking, feeling, breathing human being. Americans are by nature filled with rage-slash-fear. And guns are a huge part of our culture. I know I'm crazy because I'm only supposed to say that in Europe. But violence corrupts absolutely." (H/T - GroovyVic)
I'm sorry, but I tuned out after I read, "Actress Jodie Foster . . . " Personally, I am not sure which part of this story is more offensive. The part about insisting all guns be banned, or the part about Americans are by nature filled with rage/fear.

Instead of banning all guns, I have some better ideas:
  • Why don't we ban idiotic celebrity diatribes?
  • Why don't we ban all of Jodie Foster's films? They obviously inspire rage/fear. Just ask John Hinckley, Jr.
  • Why don't we ban all closet lesbians? Oh wait, then Foster wouldn't be affected. /Snark.
Ya know, Jodie, after reading your comments I am starting to feel rage/fear, too. Moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment