About

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Break Out The Duct Tape Again!

Because this story is guaranteed to make your head explode. Let's all go to the movies! I hear "Redacted" is just the feel-good story of the year!
American director Brian De Palma is launching his controversial new film based on the rape and murder of an Iraqi girl by US troops.
Now that's the perfect topic for a major motion picture. I mean, there are so many people in this country who hate our troops now. Imagine how many more will hate them after seeing this film!
"When I read about the Mahmudiyah incident in Iraq 2006 - five US soldiers raped a local girl, killed her and her family and later tried to disguise it as an insurgent attack - I knew I had a story.
He knew he had a story? And I'll bet he was salivating at the prospect of dehumanizing our armed forces on the silver screen. Jane Fonda Award here we come!
"In real life, I feel helpless to stop these horrible things that are happening, this horrible war that I am financing as an American citizen."
Good point, Brian. Giving Iraqis a chance to live free in their own country without being gassed by their own leaders, tortured in covert "Rape rooms," and summarily executed for the most minor offenses is horrible. I mean, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another story of American servicemen and women brutally raping young girls, murdering families, and humping their goats, right? Idiot.
"The movie is an attempt to bring the reality of what is happening in Iraq to the American people," he said last week. (H/T - Sky News)
Really? Events like the Mahmudiyah massacre are the rule, rather than the exception in Iraq? I must have missed that on 60 Minutes. Well, that tears it. I hereby condemn each and every American soldier, and will ban them from commenting on SYLG. Furthermore, I will remove every blogger who is, was, or knows someone in the armed services from my blogroll. I'm sorry, Pandy, but Brian DePalma said that you sadistic butchers are all alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment