About

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Everyone Always Said I Need Therapy

And now, I'm gonna get it.

I began my PT for my injured knee on Monday afternoon at PRO Physical Therapy in Philly. It's close to home, and my family practitioner swears by them. And since I have been in pain for about three months now, I needed some good news.

I got it in the form of my PT, Mike Dillon.

Almost immediately after I arrived, Mike took a look at the knee and asked me about my symptoms. I told him my tale of woe, and instead of giving me that "We'll see what we can do" look, he said this:

"We'll have you back on the ice in a month."

Confidence. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Actually, I told him that if he could get me to take steps without pain, I'd be grateful, but getting back to skating would be kickass, too. Mike checked my MRI and X-rays, and told me the game plan:
  • No skating whatsoever until I get his approval.
  • Therapy three times a week, an hour a day.
  • Home exercises that must be completed.
  • Fabulous babes massaging my buttocks.
Okay, he didn't promise the last one, but a guy can dream, can't he? My first appointment is later this morning at 8am. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment