About

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

On or about March 7th, that is.

Earp Child #3 (in progress) lying on his/her back. Just like Dad!

How the Hell did this happen? Why was I not informed?! Who's in charge here?!! Okay, I guess I know how this happened, so I had better enlighten all of you.

You see, when a man and a woman . . . no, wait. You guys probably know how it physically happens. Well, except Sssteve, that is. Heh. Anyway, life is pretty sweet at the Earp Ranch these days. We have two kids in a three-bedroom house, and just enough money to support, feed, clothe, and buy toys for them. Everything is perfect.

So what does the wife do? She coerces me into knocking her up. Oh, is "knocking up" impolite? Sorry. She coerced me into rocking her world! Apparently, we are both getting older, and this was our last chance to bring yet another sarcastic Mini-Me into existence. Both Kyle and Erik exited the womb and snarked, "Johns Hopkins Medical School? What's wrong, Doc? Couldn't you get into Penn?" I love those little guys! And now I'll have to sell them because three kids are just too damned expensive!

For the record, the missus demanded that I not be a wiseass on this post. Being a first-class wiseass, I, of course, ignored her.

The news is pretty kickass. Although everyone is asking the same thing: "Are you hoping for a girl this time?" Um, no! Like I want to be spending my Golden Years keeping her locked up in the basement away from guys like me. Personally, as long as the baby is healthy, I could care less if it's a boy or a girl. Seriously. I do, however, care about the name. And since we didn't have a definite name for Erik until after he was born - in our defense, he was four weeks early - we will find out the sex beforehand (next month) and have rock-solid names picked out well before the big event.

The funny thing is that the missus once mentioned that she liked the name "Wyatt." Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment