About

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Serena Williams Is Like School In The Summertime

No class.

Why am I not surprised?
NEW YORK, Sept 5 (Reuters) - The American media turned on Serena Williams on Wednesday, labeling the former world number one as "classless" and "graceless" after her sullen reaction to her U.S. Open exit at the hands of Justine Henin.

Top seed Henin beat the American 7-6 6-1 in the quarter-finals for the third consecutive grand-slam event on Tuesday but a despondent Williams gave the Belgian scant praise.

"I just think she made a lot of lucky shots and I made a lot of errors," Williams said at her news conference.

"I really don't feel like talking about it. It's like I don't want to get fined. That's the only reason I came. I can't afford to pay the fines because I keep losing." Players who fail to appear for post-match news conferences face fines from tennis officials. (H/T - Yahoo! Sports)
Yet another example of a classless athlete. Note to Serena: When you're through being a c-word, check out some archived footage of Chris Evert or Martina Navratilova. Maybe you'll learn something. Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment