About

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Can We Kick Massachusetts Out Of The Union?

Okay, this kid probably needs to get spanked . . .

The People's Republic of Massachusetts has finally gone too far.
(New York - WABC, November 28, 2007) - There is a proposed law causing a lot of controversy Wednesday morning. Should spanking be illegal? Some lawmakers in Massachusetts want to ban parents from spanking their children, even in their own homes. They say it's just one more way to protect kids from abuse. But many parents say it's government run amok.
Will "Spanking the Monkey" be considered illegal, too? Just asking.
In 29 states, it's illegal for a teacher to spank students. In all 50 states, however, parents are allowed to spank their own children.
As it should be. I'm not a big proponent of spanking children, but it certainly worked for my parents. When I frakked up, I knew I was getting smacked. The Fear of God is a wonderful thing, sometimes.
One Massachusetts nurse is hoping to change that. "I think it's ironic that domestic violence applies to everyone except the most vulnerable, children," Kathleen Wolf said. Today, a bill Kathleen Wolf wrote has its hearing at the statehouse. It aims to make Massachusetts the first state in the nation to ban corporal punishment at home.
What the Hell is going on in this state? A frakkin' nurse can write legislation now? What's next, will they allow Cam Neely to hire police officers?
The very idea of this bill is hugely controversial in Massachusetts, because a lot of parents say the state is trying to take away what's been a tried-and-true method of child rearing: as many a mom has said, "spare the rod, spoil the child."
Heh, heh, "rod." In my opinion, we shouldn't spare the rod with Ms. Wolf. She needs some sense beat into her pointy little head. Thankfully, someone finally echoed my sentiments on the matter:
"I don't want the government telling me how to raise my children," a mother said. (H/T - WABC)
Frakkin' right. The government bans smoking in public, then they ban trans-fats, and now they want to tell parents what they can and cannot do inside their own homes? If I wanted this kind of Big Brother, Micro-Management kind of government, I'd move to China.

Congratulations Massachusetts, Chairman Mao would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment