About

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Four In A Row!

Sometimes, fortune smiles upon you. Sometimes, luck wins out over talent. Sometimes, my underwear chafes my bottom.

And sometimes, my hockey team just kicks a little ass.

Such was the case last night, when my team - Tony's Place - faced off against the Rink Rats. It was the second time we faced this team, having lost our first meeting by one goal in the final minutes. We would have none of that last night. Let's go to the videotape.

Vinnie Antonelli starts us off with some much-needed hustle . . . and finishes off with a nice collision into the far side boards.



We gained an early lead, thanks in part to the offensive prowess of Randal Graves . . .



Of course, it helped that The Badger was stopping every puck that came his way . . .



And we finished off the Rink Rats with a late goal from Mike D, earning an 8-4 win . . .



We're currently 6-2, and have won four in a row. I take all of the credit, because I was able to skate with the team in the pre-game warm-up. Knee feels better every day, but I know I'm still not ready to play. Our next game is Sunday night at 7pm. Hopefully, Tony's will be open after the game, since they were closed after the last three.

No beer and no Tony's make Homer something something!

No comments:

Post a Comment