About

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Odds And Ends

Well, it's been a lousy sports weekend for yours truly. Let's rattle of the list, shall we?

Although my physical therapy is going well, I am still not healthy enough to get back on the ice. However, I can't help but think that my team needs me out there. Unluckily for me, they are doing just fine without me. We beat the Storm on Sunday night by a score of 8-0. Vinnie had three assists, and Badger earned his first shutout of the season. Naturally, I was working, and got none of this on film. Damn.

Speaking of Badgers, the ones from Wisconsin beat my Michigan Wolverines on Saturday, ending the Wolverines winning streak at eight games. Quarterback Chad Henne and running back Mike Hart both spent the game on the sidelines for the loss. Not exactly where I need them to be when they play Ohio State. Thankfully, Illinois beat the Buckeyes on Saturday as well, so OSU and MU are numbers one and two respectfully in the Big Ten standings.

And last, but definitely not least, the NASCAR Chase for the Championship is virtually over. Jimmie Johnson won his fourth straight race this weekend, and pulled ahead of Jeff Gordon by 86 points. Simply stated, Johnson has to lose all four of his wheels on the track for Gordon to win the title. Ain't happenin'.

This story is especially bitter for me - and great news for Pandy - because it will be the second time Gordon was screwed out of a championship by this idiotic Chase system. This year, as in the first year of the playoff system, Gordon was so far ahead in points that he would have won the title by sitting out races! Now, instead of being on the verge of winning his sixth title, he languishes with four. As a Gordon fan, it is excruciating. I don't want to see Johnson collapse - I like the guy, too - but it would have been nice to see the #24 win it all this season. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment